Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What's Been Going On (An Update)



Boring title, eh? I’m kind of out of it so hang on and be patient.

If you are viewing this on blogger, woo-hoo! I'm not locked out any more!

Presently, I am taking care of Himself and The Boy who both had their wisdom teeth removed yesterday. Today is a little better probably because they are sleeping a lot from taking pain meds. (yea, meds!). Besides taking care of them, I had to bring Isabella to school and my mother-in-love to the doctor. The nap I took this afternoon was delicious.

I bright spot in my life was my recent meeting with another blog buddy! I was so excited to meet “S” and we had such a wonderful time. She was traveling through my state and stopped on the way home so we could spend a little time together. It is wonderful to not be disappointed when meeting people I have know virtually for years. I have been blessed in this department. S warm and intelligent and someone I would be proud to call friend.

As for Bells, school is a lot different for her this year and she had a rocky start. She seems to be calming down and enjoying herself. She is with neurotypical students in the beginning of the day and for specials. How I love that kid – even though she can be a brat…

As of last Friday, I have now lost 35 pounds! Weight Watchers is a very good plan if you follow it. I also rejoined the gym where my son is a personal trainer. Other people pay and get a half hour. I don’t pay and get grumbling and maybe fifteen minutes. Remind me of why I let him live here?

This past year I have taken up knitting and crocheting. My gram taught me when I was a child but I didn’t have the patience. In knitting, I have made a number of scarves and prayer shawls. A prayer shawl is one that you pray over the person you are making it for. I now give them for baby and bridal shower gifts. They seem to be appreciated.

Hmmm, what else…I really want to be here blogging. Really! It’s that same old thing, though. I don’t want to write about nothing. I’m popping in to keep in touch.

Blessings to all, g

2 comments:

  1. oh wow..so much going on!! Hope Bells will cope beter and better in school! and I am envious of your weight loss!! I want that so much..but it's not happening, even though I've cut on food and started some exercise. Your son's your personal trainer? ah...if I were you, I'd pay for a hunk. hahaha.. blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail,

    I have just received all your updates etc, so will come back and read through again later. Life is a bit hectic and difficult at the moment, as I know it is for many. For me, having both my daughter and my grandson on crutches and needing lots of help, is proving, emotionally, and physically exhausting. I know you have visited my site and I appreciate your prayers. God Bless - Nita

    ReplyDelete