Friday, January 27, 2012

What in the World Did I Do All Day?

As expected, I didn't get a lot of comments on my last post. That is fine with me. I have to be at peace with God.

Lately, I've been wondering where time is going. I look around and see a house that needs vacuuming and dusting and straightening out in a big way and wonder why it hasn't gotten done; why I can't get it done.

As I sit here typing, I realize I could be doing the quiet parts of these tasks (Himself goes to sleep quite early because of his early shift) but here I sit watching tv and keeping up with my "social networks."

Where did I go wrong? Let's go over the events of today:

6:00 Woke up before Isabella's arrival at around 6:20. Made tea and read my Bible.

6:20 Made Bells' breakfast, prepared her snack for school and got her washed up and ready for school.

7:50 School bus arrived and I blew kisses to my little love. Instead of going back to bed, which I usually do for a few hours, I got ready for the day.

9:15 Started driving to my Weight Watchers meeting and returned the call I missed fifteen minutes earlier from my mother-in-law. Her defibrillator had gone off (for the second time in three weeks) and she needed to go to the doctor. My nephew drove her there and I skipped my meeting and took over at the doctor's office (this has become my part time job).

11:30'ish At the hospital to have the pacemaker/defibrillator "interrogated" and found that the doctors feel an increase in medication will hopefully do the trick.

12:'ish Got Mom home and made sure she ate and drank a cup of tea. All she wanted to do was sleep so I left for....

12:45'ish ...Weight Watchers weigh in...yea! All is good. 47 down and three to go.

1:00 Met a friend to pray for missionaries who are in creative access countries (countries where missionaries are not allowed)

2:00 Nap time for me.

4:40 Emerged from nap and spent time with Isabella and did absolutely nothing else of significance.

I could have gotten things done after my nap but the energy wasn't there! Even thinking of doing anything makes me cringe inside.

Maybe some day, God willing, I will be blessed with energy. What I am thankful for is the ability to be do what I CAN do.

When I had to go on disability years ago, I never thought it would be for so long. The original reasons for this are still active and have intertwined with fibromyalgia. The times I am needed the most seem to fall on my "good" days and for this I am grateful.

What's the saying, "Man plans and God laughs?" Ha! So true. I am so very blessed.

This blog post is part of


Why not visit some fellow bloggers?

7 comments:

  1. Hi Gail,

    Sounds like you had a busy fruitful day in many ways.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Hugs Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail, I loved reading this post. Wow! Sounds to me like you had a very productive day and got alot of priority things done. There are more important things to do that dishes, etc. although they still need to be done. :)

    We do live such busy lives. Seems like we woman, need to blend the Mary and Martha qualities into our lives daily. :)
    Looking back we always seem to make it through each day, as hectic as they may be. Thank God that his Grace and Mercies are new each and every day!.

    Well, it is Sat. and I spent a quiet morning reading, and catching up with a couple of blog friends, and now it is time to get ready to to some Sat. errands. Things I don't have time for during the week.
    I will try and get back soon. I enjoyed reading your blog and I did leave a comment or should I say a blog, :) on your last post. Just a few things that were on my heart, thought I would share them if it is alright with you.

    Gotta run!!! Have a great day my friend.
    ox Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, good for you, losing almost 50 pounds. That's no small feat! Sorry for your lack of energy and hopefully it will get better as time goes by. Hope your MIL is doing better with the medication. Hope it's a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching a child is totally Significant!

      Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis I can totally relate to the lack of energy you talk about. Some days are better than others and usually I have the most energy in the morning so that is when I get the most accomplished.

      Not sure why I can't write my own comment, I've been having trouble with a lot of blogs lately, have you? Guess I'll just piggyback other comments in the meantime.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a busy profitable day serving others. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gail, I've tried to keep up with comments on blogs, but I can't. I'm blogging less, and thinking of taking a break. It's at the bottom of my priorities. Especially now that Jaiden is back at school. When I'm not assisting with homework I want to spend what little time we have left together. I hope you understand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congrats on loosing 47lbs and counting. Way to go Gail. :)
    xx's Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete