Friday, May 11, 2012

Falderal Friday

Ah, Friday. It has been a longish week but not bad. My car still needs repairs but I am thankful for how much is within walking distance of my home.

After the A to Z Challenge, I am back to my old habit of slacking off but will try to keep up with the falderal.

What do you think of Mother's Day? (heavy sigh) I don't like being told when to appreciate people. Each time I speak with my mom I end the call with, "I love you." We don't give Christmas and birthday presents but we give I love you presents throughout the year. Not expensive, fancy things but things we really think the other will like. I give chocolate and biscotti and I have received a water filtering system (Brita). As for Mother's Day around here, I appreciate it when Himself makes dinner for me. However, I feel obligated to go to his Mother's place.

Do you have a bedtime routine? I have to confess that I watch way too much tv and stay on the computer too late into the night. I don't sit all evening...well, I do but I don't. I'll get up and floss. Then I'll get up and brush my teeth. Then I'll take my evening meds. I try to read a bit and then I'll pray. Hopefully, I sleep. It hasn't been very easy to fall asleep lately.

Is there a personal behavior you are trying to change? In the last ten years or so, I have been seriously trying to curb my tongue. Last night, I asked a friend if she had noticed a change and she said yes. She also said she can see when I am straining to say something and holding back! The biggest thing I want to work on now is my tone of voice. I can say something kindly and the same things can be said with a sting. I want to be kind.

Early morning or late night? Believe it or not, when I was in high school, I woke up way earlier than I needed to. Now, I would stay up until two or three AM if I could. Those mellow hours are lovely to me.

Have to go so that is it for now. Please let me know your answers. It is great to get to know you better! blessings, g

3 comments:

  1. I like Mother's Day. I don't need gifts, but it's nice when my husband lets me sleep in and my boys wake me up with kisses and are proud to show me whatever they made. Granted, I would like all this to happen more often as well.

    I am trying to stop watching so much TV, read a little before bed, and go to sleep earlier so I can get a few minutes in the morning to think and just be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to not stay up so late. I have to get up early and staying up late is just like shooting myself in the foot.
    I am learning to relax and just let things be. My moods can shift too quick. Controlling my diet helps me with that. You are what you eat.
    Sometimes my tone isn't good either. Even online I will write something and someone will take it to mean that I am offended or mad and I was just stating fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely early to bed early to rise, I have the most energy in the morning so that is when I work out and try to get all the chores done.

    I've been forced to go cold turkey on the t.v. because ours broke last month. We didn't watch it a ton but now I can't dvr the Bachelorette, so sad.

    Homemade biscotti sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete