Friday, September 18, 2009

Feeling Free Falderal

September 18

For the last two and a half years (three and a half if you count a false start), I have been working through the book Walls of My Heart by Dr. Bruce Thompson and Barbara Thompson. It is described as "Powerful Keys to Breaking Out and Being Free."

Since I was fifteen years old, I have been in and out of therapy. All those counselors, all those years prepared my for this journey through which I was led by, for the most part, my friend Am. I learned that I had built walls of sadness, insecurity, bitterness, anger and many more negatives around my heart. My experience taught me why I put them there, how to tear them down and how to build new walls which are healthy for me and pleasing to God.

There is so much I want to write but I am hoping that maybe some of you will take this journey. If you have no one here to guide you through it, I hope you will ask the Holy Spirit to guide you. I will be happy to answer questions via e-mails.

The weekend is upon us and it couldn't have come too soon! I'm beat. Isabella is my companion from seven am til school starts at nine and then I pick her up at two thirty. She is with us until six pm. I love her more than anything in this world - still, weekends are good!

Do you have anyone you can talk to about what's on your mind? I am blessed in that area. I have wise friends and a great mom.

Breakfast sausage or bacon? Neither! What are you trying to do, kill me? My cholesterol is high enough. Who thinks up these questions anyway. Besides, I hate the spicing in breakfast sausage.

Do you think about whether or not what you watch or read effects you spiritually? More than ever before. I have learned that a person's brain retains memories so well that, when having brain surgery in the memory portion of the brain, memories and the feelings that went along with them are relived when probed! I must be careful what I put in here.

You can be instantly transported anywhere in the world right now for three hours. Where would you go? As of this moment, I would go to be with my friend V in South Africa to take care of her because she is sick.

Once again, are you ready for some football??? Last Sunday, because we have the NFL channel, we also have a channel called Red Zone. It is five hours of non-commercial football switching from game to game when teams get close to the twenty yard line or further if the other teams are on commercial break. My son and his buddies had a hard time tearing themselves away for potty breaks! Himself and I went to a fair in town for an hour but I enjoyed the games with the guys while reading a book.

Let me know what you are up to, people. Sending blessings your way, g

1 comment:

  1. Do you have anyone you can talk to about what's on your mind? I do. I have two best friends, a sister and a mom that I talk to. I'm a fortunate girl. Oh, and of course my hubby, does he count?

    Breakfast sausage or bacon? Both. But only the sausage that is round and flat, not the links. I don't like skin on things.

    Do you think about whether or not what you watch or read effects you spiritually? I do. All. the. time. Do I still watch things I shouldn't? Sometimes.

    You can be instantly transported anywhere in the world right now for three hours. Where would you go? Toalmas, Hungary. I haven't been in two years and I miss my friend, Monika, there.

    Once again, are you ready for some football??? Yes. No. My husband is a fan. That's Sunday, Monday, Thursday...I like it every now and again but three hours is a bit too much for me even one day.

    ReplyDelete