Monday, April 28, 2014

(almost) Unbearable

When we decide to have children, we think of precious newborns, inquisitive toddlers, cuteness and innocence.  What we don't think of is an emerging human being with opinions and weaknesses, rebellion and pain.

Seeing one of my children or my granddaughter in pain can do me in.  There are times I think it is unbearable.  Even prayer and reading the Word of God can have little effect...or so I think...

Last week, there was a night I thought I was going to break, literally.  A number of years ago, I was  hospitalized (my choice) for depression and anxiety but have grown enough in knowledge and faith to be able to stand up to the demons that plague me.

My precious granddaughter has been going through a rough time and I became so upset that I felt like nothing could bring me strength.  People are praying about the situation and there is comfort in that but I was about to crack.

For several months, I have been writing out  my prayers so I went to my prayer spot and cried out my pain and the injustice of what is happening to my girl.  I reminded God of His promises to those who love Him and trust Him.  I laid it all on His broad, broad shoulders.

And I slept well for the first time in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment