Monday, April 14, 2014

Inigo Montoya

One of my top ten movie favorites is The Princess Bride.  I don't know of anyone who doesn't like it.
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Inigo is one of the characters and he has got quite a chip on his shoulder as you can see by the above quote.
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
He says what is on his mind.
"I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?"
His powers of observations are second to none.
He is a philosopher:
"More pursue than study lately. You see, I cannot find him... it's been twenty years now and I'm starting to lose confidence. I just work for Vizzini to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in revenge."
He is a man of his convictions:
" I was eleven years old. And when I was strong enough, I dedicated my life to the study of fencing. So the next time we meet, I will not fail. I will go up to the six-fingered man and say, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." 
Inigo is one of a number of memorable characters in this classic.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment