Thursday, April 19, 2012

A New Quest

Just this evening, a friend and I were discussing how our lives are going to change over the next year. She will finish homeschooling her youngest child and will start. I am trying to downsize my belongings in anticipation of moving.

We are on quests; searches for what is to come next. My friend will probably continue her education. I haven't a clue what is next for me.

Because of a chronic condition, I am unable to work outside the home. Because of this same condition, I am unable to go back to school, which I would very much like to do. I never know from one day to the next if I am going to be able to drive a car or need a nap. Today, I slept an extra six hours after seeing Isabella off to school. There was no choice; it had to be done.

One thing I do know is that God has a plan for me. Right now, I don't know what it is. However, I know it will be a great ride!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gail

    Yes God has been saying to me again "I alone know the plans I have for you, plans for prosperity not disaster" I feel he means this for me and my family

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, you mentioned in an earlier post that "Himself" wants to move to Florida, if I remember correctly? Are you moving after all. I have so much junk! Well not junk, but stuff from when Jaiden was a baby, some of it I do want to hang onto, but there are things that we just don't need to keep holding onto. I keep asking Honeyman if I put it all together for a garage sale would he be in charge of the garage sale. He's certainly not keen on that idea! So, there ya go, we still have the junk. I keep giving trailer loads away to the local church that gives things to people in our community. But things are a little tough financially for us at the moment, and I really could do with a few extra dollars put away for a rainy day.

    I understand your chronic condition. Fatigue is a huge factor with my ills as well. So I do know what you're going through.

    I think our quest really is to keep growing and glowing for God. I do agree with you, about it being a great ride. When God is in charge of every facet of our lives we can fully appreciate the journey.

    Take care. Love, Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, when the time seems right for school, have you thought about online? My husband finishes his bachelors in the next few weeks and he certainly has the flexibility in the week to get those down times when he needs it. Just a thought.

    God is watching over you; He will direct.

    ReplyDelete