Monday, April 23, 2012

Thankfulness = Contentment

When I am thankful, I find it difficult to not be content with my lot. I have a chronic illness. I am so thankful it is not a degenerative illness. My granddaughter has autism. I am so thankful she is able to hug and be hugged and able to communicate as well as she does. My husband has to wake up for work at 2:30 AM which is really rough on his system. I am thankful for his health and ability to work. All of my clothing is either ill fitting or out of fashion. I am thankful for being clothed. Some of my friends are so hard to keep in touch with. I am thankful for the time we have spent together. We have only one working car. I am thankful for the one that works. When I have a complaining spirit, I need to remind myself to be thankful. Have you tried this? g I do not know why blogger isn't showing paragraph breaks, but I will be thankful that it is publishing at all...

4 comments:

  1. Blogger is having problems. I keep trying to add newly followed blogs to my blog roll and it won't save.
    I remind myself to be grateful. It is important to focus on what we have instead of what we don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you there! Whenever we want to complain, there is the whole flip side. No matter what we have to complain about, there is something good to be grateful for that is related to it.

    As to the whole blogger not having paragraphs, just change it from html to compose. They are two small-ish boxes up in the left corner. Then, when you press enter, you will get your break. If you stay in html format, just type in < p > at the end of your line and you'll get a new paragraph. I always do two, so it looks like this in html.< p >
    < p >
    And then I start my next paragraph. I need the visual break up. Typing < p >< p > and continuing on would have the same effect though. Oh and take away the spaces between the < and the p and the >. I had to include them because blogger told me that the tag is not allowed in the comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, sometimes I have to remember to be thankful. It always changes the spirit for good, doesn't it!

    Hang in there, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is important to be thankful even when times are tough. I need to remember this. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete