Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Learning

I love to learn new things. Sometimes it isn't a subject I would have chosen like when I had to look up "gangrene." There are two forms, wet and dry; wet, hours to a day or two to live, dry, much longer to live.

If there was nothing to learn I would be so bored. Being a perpetual student sounds so good to me as long as I didn't have to take exams or write papers.

Being called a warehouse of useless information didn't ring true to me. I believe that, instead, I am well rounded in my knowledge. (Yes, someone did call me that.) Maybe you aren't interested in what interests me but that doesn't matter, right?

Did you know that bones have bendability? If they didn't, you would break them all the time. Learned that from a Kathy Reichs novel. She also taught me about mitochondrial DNA. Very interesting to me.

What have you learned lately?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, never to old to learn new things. Often learnt from grandchildren and friends on here and the internet in general. The best new things to learn though are things God wants me to know.

    ReplyDelete