Saturday, April 4, 2015

Crank it Up!

When we moved from a single family house to a two family, we were blessed with very quiet, rarely home downstairs neighbors.  Ah, I love my quiet!

Last July, we were blessed with new neighbors:  a lovely woman and her two daughters, both in elementary school.  We hit it off right away.  We have been able to bless each other and Isabella, my nine-year-old granddaughter has found new friends.

That being said, with a family, instead of two single people, living downstairs, I realize much more that this house wasn't built with sound absorbing materials! 

I hear myself in the voice of the mother trying to get her girls to school on time.  It is my voice that I hear when reprimanding is done a bit too harshly.  It is my family I hear laughing. 

Sometimes looking in a mirror is difficult; sometimes it is sweet.  I am thankful for my new neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment