Monday, April 6, 2015

Early, Very Early

Another change 2014 brought was my early risings (five'ish) on days that my Isabella is here by 6:30 AM. 

I have been caring for my precious girl since she is an infant and it has always been my wont to sleep as late as possible.  This meant that I didn't spend time with God until she was off to school nearly two hours later.

This is not the perfect way to start the day.

Ask my mom and she will tell you that, from the cradle, I have not woken up well.  It is best to stay away for at least a half hour.  However, my new routine has changed that.....on the four to five days a week Bells is with me.

With hot tea in hand, I go to my desk and start writing out my prayers (this keeps my attention on what I am doing) and reading my Bible.  Sometimes I work on a Bible study.  Saturdays I pray for everyone in the church directory (we have a small church).  Daily, I pray for family and missionaries I have a relationship with.  

Not that time spent with God is limited to the waking hours.  It is an all day event.  However, time spent alone, in the dark, is the sweetest time of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment